Activate Okta Account with MFA Setup
The following information will guide you through activating your Okta for Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) account. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catapult Learning will be using MFA to help protect and keep our systems secure. Users accessing certain systems within Catapult will need to verify their accounts each time they access their accounts. Verification can be done via a mobile device using the app, a push notification, a phone call or email.
1. Receive email from Okta - if you have more than one, be sure to use the last email you received
2. Click the “Activate Okta Account” link in the email. Note, your Okta username is your work email address.
3. The link will open a web browser.
- Set up a new Okta Password
- Repeat your new Password
- Set your ‘forgot password’ question
- Choose your security image
- Be sure to remember your password - You will be using this going forward to login to Okta and easily access all of our apps!
Note password requirements: at least 8 characters, a lowercase letter, an uppercase letter, a number, no parts of your username.
4. Next you will need to setup your MFA options. You must do at least one, but we do recommend you can choose other options as well. Note: You MUST set up at least one option.
- Choose Okta Verify and Click Setup or Configure Factor
- Select the operating system of the mobile device you will use for MFA
- Download Okta Verify from the App Store, Google Play Store, or Windows Store, depending on what OS your device is running. Click Next.
- The next screen requires you to scan a barcode from within the Okta Verify App. Launch the app on your device and select “Add An Account.”
- Click Continue when prompted to Allow Camera Access & Push Notifications. On Apple devices you will have to allow access to the camera and push notifications again.
- The Okta Verify app will show a number that changes every 30 seconds. That will be the number you can enter to verify your account.
5. The following screen confirms that Okta Verify is an Enrolled Factor. You can also configure additional factors from this page and then choose which way you would like to verify your account when accessing Okta. Click Finished to complete Okta Verify setup.
You can choose to also set up SMS Authentication and/or Security Question. Again, we do recommend you add more than one or all of the options.
Note, you can also set up the Text Message and Security Question options later. To add or update these, log into Okta, under your name to go Settings, and down to Extra Verification. Click set up and Okta will walk you through the rest!
- Click Setup for SMS Authentication Setup
- Choose country, put in your phone, and click Send Code
- Enter the code on the screen, and click Verify, and Done
- Click on the Security Question Setup
- Choose your security question and add an answer you will remember – answers must be more than 4 characters long
Logging In using MFA:
Each time you access Okta, you will need to verify it is really you. After you log into Okta, you will have a choice how you want to verify:
1. Using Okta Verify – it will send you’re a message and you can Accept or Deny
2. You can enter the Code on the Okta Verify App – note this code is only good for the time shown in the App.
3. You can receive an SMS message – be sure to click Send Code
4. You can answer your security question